Division: Construction Management
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Title: Preconstruction Manager II
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Preconstruction. There are no matrixed management responsibilities.
The Preconstruction Manager performs all Preconstruction functions in support of all design and Project Delivery needs. This can include all services in support of proposals, design, procurement, construction, project controls & CQV. Provides estimating services to projects and business development efforts.
Key Activities and responsibilities:
· All Key Activities & Responsibilities listed in Estimating Manager with matching level.
· Support of continuous benchmarking cost initiatives.
· Destini Software Proficiency (3 Month learning allowance?)
· Preconstruction management for build opportunities that include project planning:
o Full EPCMV Integrated Scheduling Development & Guidance
o Developing Construction Execution Plans
o Site Logistics
o Initial Cash flow and Spend forecasts
o Ensures Effective Handoff to Construction Team Secondary/Support:
§Planning and Sourcing Support
§Procurement and Bid Development Support
o Project EHS Plan Reviews. EHS plans will be led by Corporate Safety with support from Preconstruction.
This position requires 10% travel, or as necessary for project assigned. Position will visit Client sites and will be required to adhere to stated safety rules. Position will visit construction sights and will be required to take site safety training and adhere to site safety rules.
Required Education/Qualifications /Work experience
· Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering, Construction management or related discipline, OR 5 years of experience in a related field.
· 2-8 years of experience in project delivery related to preconstruction activities including estimating and procurement.
· Experience with Microsoft Office software with extensive knowledge in excel, word and project.
· Experience with database estimating and project management software, although not required, is also preferred.
· Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
· Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
· Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
· Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
· Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
· Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,300 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.